Langebaan Yacht Club has a very active Beach Sailing Calendar. Our sailing is open to all, have a look at the Calendar and make a note of events. We are always looking for more non-sailors to assist us in running events, if you feel you would like to be involved in LYC sailing please pass your details to LYC secretary and we will contact you.
A note on launching from Langebaan main beach: We are in the process of getting the launching site legal.
Please stick to the rules of usage as laid out below:
- Do not leave any vehicle on the beach, you may drive onthe beach into an area of 100m wide and 50 long from point of entering the beach. Here you have to unload your boat and remove your vehicle from the beach as soon as possible.
- All vehicles to be parked in the car park.
- Trailers must be parked neatly next to the sand dunes and may not be left overnight on the beach.
- All boats must be moved down to the water either on a dolly or dragged. (No vehicles allowed down to the water’s edge.)
- When attending organised Regatta’s, comply with the marshal’s instructions.
- For more information on the launch site protocol please contact Adrian Ceruti on 083 290 1104 during office hours.
- Non LYC members can pay a daily rate of R60 per launch or R350 per year to use the beach launch site. (This fee only applies to the beach launch site and not the LYC slipway.) Payable at Hobie Cat shop, 52 Main Road or at the office at LYC.